1951 Ward LaFrance
750 GPM Pumper
In 1952, the Ward Lafrance took over as the Company 2 engine. In July of 1955, its radio designation changed from “unit 2” to “612”. The “Ward” served as our engine until august of 1971, at which time it became a spare pumper. Engine Company 2 still housed, maintained and trained with the Ward. It was on a signal 6 during any alarm and rolled to signal 10’s and any other alarms when called for. The Ward was known then as 6112, and served as such until it answered its last alarm in 1984. After 32 years of service, the Ward left East Meadow and went to its new home in Andes, New York.