Fred was born on June 24th, 1884.
Fred joined the East Meadow Firemen’s Association in 1923 and became a charter member of Company 1 on April 3, 1930. He volunteered to transfer to Company 2 when it was activated in Jan. 1931.
Fred is the first known Captain of Company 2 and later served the department as 1st Asst. Chief.
Fred remained active in Engine Company 2 until his death on Jan. 22, 1961.
A tribute to “Brownie” in the form of a plaque was originally dedicated and placed in the garden of the old firehouse and now is displayed in the foyer of Station 2.