1989 Pierce Lance
1500 GPM Pumper
In October of 1989, the new Pierce pumper for Engine Co. 2 was delivered to East Meadow. It featured a 10-man crew cab, top mounted pump panel, 750-gallon tank, and 5” hose. There would not be any riding on the back of this truck. The truck committee consisted of Ex-Chief Bill Henderson, and Ex-Captains George Becker and Kenny Long. Many hours of training took place with this truck due to all the changes that it represented. This new 612 was put into service on February 25, 1990.