Photos past and present of Engine Company #1 of the East Meadow Fire Department.
View the current apparatus of Engine Company #1 of the East Meadow Fire Department.
As 1955 drew to a close, Chief Dominic Santoro saw the need for a fourth engine company in the district. To staff the new company, 9 men transferred from other companies, led by our first captain, Anthony Butera. On May 21, 1956, 13 new applicants were sworn in and Engine Co. 1 was born.
We proudly recognize the individuals who gave so much to our organization and who have passed on. Their contributions left a positive mark on the community and the organization. They will never be forgotten.
A look at the members of Engine Company #1 who served as Chief of the East Meadow Fire Department as well as all of the men and women who served as Captain of Engine Company #1 since its inception.
Engine One is the seventh and last company formed by the East Meadow Fire Department. On March 19, 1956 Chief Santoro appointed 2nd Lt. Anthony Butera of Engine Co. 2, acting Captain of Engine Co. 1 and directed him to form the Company.